The Best Rental Bikes on Prince Edward Island
MacQueen’s high quality rental fleet adult and youth bicycles is professionally maintained after each use. Offering little rolling resistance and an upright position, Deluxe Performance Hybrid bikes are our top pick for recreational rides and combining touring on PEI’s roads with hard-packed sections of the Confederation Trail. Rental equipment options include e-bikes, comfort bikes, road bikes, tandems, trailers and trail-a-bikes, car racks, bags and more.
Summer Hours (May-Sep.)
Monday to Saturday – 8:30 to 5:00
Sunday – 10:00 to 2:00 (by advance appointment only in May, June & September)
View Rate Details (for rental periods not covered below)
All Prices in Canadian Currency
Note: maximum daily rental period is 24 hours.
Each rental bicycle includes a rental helmet.
Locks are included with bike rentals. When multiple bikes are rented to a single party on the same contract, we reserve the right to provide 1 lock for each 2 bikes.
|Equipment Bicycle Rentals
Include Helmets & Locks
Day up to 24 hrs.
1 Week 7 days
2 Weeks 14 days
24″ wheel or smaller
Includes Rear Carrier, Water Bottle Cage, Handlebar or Trunk Bag
Specialized Sirrus 2.0 or similar
(Specialized Roubaix Sport 105 or similar)
Includes Seat Bag, Water Bottle Cage
|Electric Assist Bicycle
(Norco Scene, Indie, Specialized Como or similar)
Includes Rear Carrier, Water Bottle Cage, Trunk Bag
(for 1-2 children under 5)
|Handlebar or Trunk Bag||$4.95||$25.99||$48.51|
|Panniers (20 litre)||$6.00||$31.50||$58.80|
|Panniers (35 litre)||$8.00||$42.00||$78.40|
|3 Bike Rear Car Rack||$9.99||$52.45||$97.90|
($7.99 for tube, if used)
|Souvenir water bottles||$11.99|
Reservations – 3 Days or More
We accept and recommend reservations for rental periods of a minimum three days from June to September. A $100 deposit (Visa or Mastercard) is required per bicycle. To request equipment reservations, please complete a Rental Quotation Form and we’ll be back to you asap to confirm availability.
Reservations – Less Than 3 Days
Reservations are not accepted for short-term rentals, but we do supply walk-in rental clients with any remaining equipment not booked in advance. Equipment priority goes to longer term bookings. Summer’s short and we have to make hay while the sun shines.
Emergency Road Repair Kit
Kit consists of tube, pump, tire levers and 3-way wrench – everything required to repair a flat. Limit one per party. Tube: $7.99 + HST if used.
MacQueen’s Bicycle Day Tour Ideas:
- Charlottetown Day Tour from MacQueen’s. Downloadable/printable, includes elevation profile.
- Cycle the Very Best of the Confederation Trail – Taxi to Morell, cycle to St Peters and Greenwich National Park, return by taxi (30.1km)
- Confederation Trail to Jewell’s Country Market in York – Safe family ride avoiding traffic (25km)
- Covehead Harbour & Richard’s for lunch – Safe family riding (55.2km return)
- Tea Hill Provincial Park – Scenic coastal cycle to Tea Hill (23.4km) or China Point (54.2km)
- Rossignol Winery – Challenging coastal cycle east to PEI’s oldest winery, return by taxi (80km)
- Victoria by the Sea – Scenic south shore ride to Victoria by the Sea, return by taxi (63.8km)