Intro & Products
MacQueen’s Bike Shop, operating since 1977, is Prince Edward Island’s longest-running bicycle specialty store. We have the widest selection of bikes, parts and accessories on the Island. Our bike brands include Specialized, Norco, Rocky Mountain, Miele, Evox, Evo and more.The pro shop carries a wide array of quality adult and youth bicycles – unicycles, penny farthings, run bikes, electric-assist bikes, BMX, freestyle, low riders, mountain bikes, hybrids, comfort and road bikes. Our formula for success involves buying quality equipment from Canadian suppliers and passing their value along to our customers. We are confident the bicycles we sell are the best value in our marketplace.
We have an extensive inventory, but if you see something we don’t have in stock often it can be ordered with 2-day shipping. Have a look at products with some of our key suppliers here:
MacQueen’s stocks specialized cycle clothing for your riding comfort.
Whether you’re visiting PEI, or one of our loyal customers, our service department is second to none. With professionally trained and highly experienced full-time mechanics, you can be sure to get maximum enjoyment out of your bicycle during cycling season. We offer quick turnaround and professional guarantees on our tune-ups and complete overhauls and all new bike purchases include 30 days’ worth of free adjustments.
Shop Rates (+ HST)
- Minimum Labor Charge: $20 except for tire/tube change which is $15.
- Tune-ups are guaranteed for 30 days.
- We strive to offer same day service if we receive your bike before noon, but in certain high-demand periods of the year (such as the spring) the return times for tune-ups can extend to 2 working days.
- Our staff can provide free diagnoses and detailed work estimates prior to leaving your equipment.
- Appointments are not required.
- All equipment left in our shop is tagged with the customer name/contact and presentation of the claim tag, or alternative identification to validate its ownership, is required for its pickup.
- If it is discovered during the maintenance performed on your equipment that additional parts/accessories may be required, you will first be contacted with rates to confirm if we should proceed with the work.
- When the work on your equipment is done, you will be contacted by email/telephone by the responsible mechanic to advise of its completed status.
- MacQueen’s offers free storage of your bicycle for up to 72 hours from the time its maintenance is completed.
- After the 72-hour free storage period expires, a $3/day+HST storage fee applies.
- If your equipment is left unclaimed (without prepaid storage) at MacQueen’s for more than 30 days, we reserve the right either to dispose or take the appropriate measures to retrieve the cost incurred on servicing any unclaimed product beyond 30 days.
Shipping your bike
MacQueen’s Bicycle Mechanics
Professional mechanics are on duty at our shop from Monday to Saturday. If assembly or repairs are required prior to departure, advance notice may be required. When leaving your bike to be packed at MacQueen’s for outbound shipping, leave a telephone or email contact to be advised when the packing is complete and then proceed with ongoing shipping.
Bike boxes: $10.00 CAD + HST
Bike assembly or packing service: $50.00 CAD + HST
Shipping services: Please arrange for your own independent shipping services and provide completed packing labels for any outgoing boxes.
Popular shipping options for bikes from PEI include:
- Maritime Bus ($)
- Taxis in Charlottetown (if, once boxed, you need to then get your bike from MacQueen’s to the bus station)
- Purolator Courier ($$$)
When arranging for the pickup or dropoff of your boxed bike at MacQueen’s & preparing your shipping label, note that our address is:
430 Queen Street, Charlottetown, PEI, C1A 4E8. Tel: 902-368-2453.
Winter Hours (Oct-Apr):
Monday to Saturday – 8:30 to 5:00, Sunday – Closed
Summer Hours (May-Sep.):
Monday to Saturday – 8:30 to 5:00
Sunday – 10:00 to 2:00 for rentals only (in May, June & September by advance appointment only)
|Price (excluding HST)||$50||$75||$150|
* Replacement parts are extra. Labor for their installation is included in Tune-Up packages.
|Adjust bottom bracket||✔||✔|
|Overhaul bottom bracket *||✔|
|True wheels laterally||✔||✔||✔|
|True wheels (lateral and radial), tension and dish||✔||✔|
|Lightly clean and lubricate drivetrain||✔||✔|
|Thoroughly clean and lubricate drivetrain (cranks, chain, cassette)||✔|
|Remove derailleur cables, inspect inner wires and housing, lubricate *||✔||✔|
|Hydraulic Brake Bleed||✔|
|Remove brake cables, inspect inner wires and housing, lubricate *||✔||✔||✔|
|Adjust derailleurs, align derailleur hanger *||✔||✔|
|Disassemble and clean derailleurs||✔|
|Check tires for wear and damage, correct mounting and inflation||✔||✔||✔|
|Adjust brakes, resurface pads and rims if necessary *||✔||✔||✔|
|Safety inspection, torque bolts to spec||✔||✔||✔|
Terms & Conditions
New Bike Purchases
- All Bicycles, Parts & Accessories come with a one year warranty against manufacturing defects, unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer. Some manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty for frame only purchases. Inquire at time of purchase for your manufacturer’s conditions.
- MacQueen’s Bike Shop includes 30 days of free adjustments with your new bike purchase from our shop.
- We offer a refund (with a 10% restocking fee on straight returns, or alternatively an in-store credit for the full amount) on all in-stock new Bike purchases for up to 15 days. Bicycle must in the original unused condition, free of scratches or damage.
- We offer a refund (with a 10% restocking fee on straight returns, or alternatively an in-store credit for the full amount) on all new in-stock Parts and Accessories for up to 30 days, excluding Final Sale items. Products must be unused, undamaged and in the original unaltered packaging.
- Original receipt is required for all refunds or exchanges and refunds will be issued by the original payment method.
- No refunds or exchanges are available for any Final Sale items.
- All returns and exchanges must be in the original unused condition and include all accessories, manuals, and original unaltered packaging material.
- In order to receive a full refund, Clothing and Apparel items must have tags still attached and not be used.
- Cycling Shorts or undergarments cannot be returned under any circumstances due to hygienic reasons.
- Any products purchased at MacQueen’s that are returned for Warranty Coverage will be inspected thoroughly by MacQueen’s professional mechanics to determine whether the issue is due to a manufacturing defect (covered by the manufacturer’s warranty), or a result of normal wear & tear.
- Layaways require a 20% non-refundable deposit and final payment must be completed within 60 days.
- Special Orders require prepayment and you will be notified by email/telephone as soon as your item is received.
- Returns on any special order Bikes are subjected to a 25% restocking fee.
- No refunds or exchanges are available for special order Parts or Accessories.